Steps in the Home Selling Process
1. Market Analysis, Review of Comparables
2. Property Condition Review, List Price Review
3. List Features and Amenities of Property
4. Create Suggestions for Property Preparation and Repairs.
5. Review Estimated Sellers Proceeds, and Verify Loan Payoff Information
6. Set up Showing Schedule and Open House Schedule
7. Sign Listing Agreement and put property on Multiple Listing Service
8. Open Escrow with Title and Escrow Company
9. Order Loan Payoff Information and Preliminary Title Report
10. Fill out Sellers Disclosure Documents, Order Geologic Report
11. Place Lock Box and Sign on Property
12. Prepare Color Flyers for Sign Box and Open House
13. Prepare Classified Ads and Internet Promotion
14. Prepare direct mail and other marketing materials
15. Hold Open House
16. Follow Up with Potential Buyers and Agents
17. Review Offers or Review Pricing for Price Change
18. Negotiate Offer with Buyer on Price and Terms
19. Prepare and Present Disclosures
20. Review Inspection Results
21. Negotiate Repairs
22. Buyers Removal of Contingencies
23. Sign Off at Escrow
24. Close Escrow and Review Property Condition
SELLING AS-IS IN THIS MARKET
Is it the right time to sell your home AS-IS, or not remodeled?
It depends on several factors:
1) Is your local market a sellers market, with multiple offers?
2) When looking at local & recent comparable sales, do you have examples of properties that sold in various condition?
3) What is the average days on market in your neighborhood?
4) Would you recover the cost that you would need to put into the property, or even produce a possible gain?
5) Would the time it would take to update the home put you in a slower part of the season, and therefore reduce a gain in price?
6) Is the inconvenience to your living situation worth the effort of updating?
7) Do you need to sell quickly for a compelling reason?
If you would like help in reviewing these questions for your specific home and situation, please contact me now: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Me Today
I serve Silicon Valley area real estate buyers and sellers, and I do a lot of referral business! I look forward to helping you with your real estate needs.