Contract to Closing
It’s both exciting and stressful negotiating a real estate purchase contract. Once it’s signed by the sellers, buyers can relax a bit, but I can’t. There are still more negotiations, document deliveries, inspections, title details and mortgage tasks to be accomplished to reach a successful closing and walk away with the keys to your new real estate property.
There are dozens of specific due dates and tasks on our average transaction checklist, but an overview of a few includes:
- Post contract delivery of documents to the title company and ordering of a title binder or commitment.
- Deposit of earnest money and delivery of receipt to the buyer client.
- Helping my buyers to order inspections and coordinating them and providing access to assure they’re completed on time.
- Coordinating timely delivery of any documents objecting to disclosures, inspection results, or title binder issues discovered.
- Coordinating appraisal and appraiser access.
- Working with mortgage company and coordinating delivery of documents they require when requested.
- Assisting my buyers with any negotiations related to contingencies, inspections or documents.
- Constant monitoring of status of all processes at the title company.
There are a number of companies and people involved in a real estate transaction, possibly including attornies, surveyors, appraiser, title company, mortgage broker, lender, loan underwriter, both agents, and perhaps others. Each has specific duties and requirements, and each is concentrating on doing a good job for you. However, their focus is narrow, targeted on their specific niche in the deal. As your buyer agent, I’m your “go-to” resource to bring it all together. I’m here to coordinate the activities of all of these companies and people for you the best I can.
I’m constantly monitoring those transaction document delivery items. Regularly we check the progress against contractual deadlines so we can act on our project requirements. A lot of this activity goes on behind the scenes and you’re not even bothered. Some of it requires that we contact you and request documents or actions. Please understand that my overriding goal is a smooth transaction, and getting you through meeting all deadlines is one of our jobs. I’ll only bother you when necessary, telling you what I need and when, and moving you through to a successful closing.
There is a lot more, but those are the highlights, and many sub–tasks are related to each of them. I’m focused on proper follow–up and detailed coordination of every step of the closing process for my buyer clients. It’s critical that we make all deadlines and keep the transaction on track to avoid defaulting on any terms of the contract. I’ll work to keep your real estate transaction on track, and you’ll have the advice you need to assure you’ve covered all of the bases prior to closing.
Contact Me Today
I serve Silicon Valley area real estate buyers and sellers, and I do a lot of referral business! I look forward to helping you with your real estate needs.